Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May's DISCO Songs!

So here we have it, what I am sure everyone has been dying to hear, the song writer's take on DISCO songs!  As you will remember, the subject (always optional) was Animals.  Check out the songs anf vote for your favorite below!

Brian Salapek - Bird Berries
My comments:  I was in the woods with my four year old son and he found some bird berries and was very excited to show me.  I told him not to eat them, to which he replied "I'm going to hold them in my hand and wait for a bird to come tickle my fingers."  So I decided to write a song about it!  Maybe the song doesnt scream disco, but the bass line is just perfect for the genre.

Jonas Peterson and William Blake - The Tyger
My comments:  Jonas and William are good friends from way back in the 1790's.  So with personal permission, Jonas used the lyrics from William's famous poem for his song and the results are great.  The song has a super cool funky feel to it that reminds me of BoomBox or Jamiroqua.  Very good job!

Danny Imig - Get Down Disco Doggy
My comments:  Have you ever yelled at a dog enough to get off the couch that it sounds like youre singing a funk song?  Is that the joke Danny is going for here?  I hope so because it's a clever one!  Danny pulls out a really great funky beat and adds in some of his signature surfy guitars for this one.  I love the intermitant dog barks thrown in there.  Very cool!

Rene Zansman - Not About a Duck
My comments: Rene told me that this song "should come with a warning sticker."  In a weird, but good way, I agree.  It has a great hip-hop-esque beat and a cool guitar part that got stuck in my head.  In come the vocals and thats when things get strange.  At one point there is a really high pitched and awesome background vocal track going on, that I really enjoy.

Jack Eggleston - Disco Shit
My comments: Jack is back after a long hiatus!  And he seems to be getting into making electronic dance music now.  This song is a pretty long but great instrumental incorporating audio clips.  It goes through a lot of different transitions and parts that make it so the length isn't a bother at all.  Jack did a really good job composing and arranging this song.


No comments:

Post a Comment