Monday, November 2, 2015

October's Jug Band Songs!

Almost four years ago when the Song Writing Game started, the very first genre was none other than Jug Band music!  Since then we had done bluegrass and country a few times, but had never touched back on Jug Band, which started it all.  Until now!  I am not sure what put me in the mood for Jug Band, but it jumped into my mind and I am glad that it did.  There were only two songs, but they are both cool.  Check them out!

Brian Salapek and Joel Forsgren - Jug Band Muzik
My comments:  After taking September off, I had a really hard time getting into the mode to write a song.  When I finally did, I had a completely different lead melody picked out, but scrapped it when I improvised the lead you hear in the song now.  With that, it lost a lot of it's jug band feel, but I like the song so much more now.  I had Joel over who recorded the electric guitar track as well as the banjo intro.  All in all, I have to say that this song is one of my favorites.  I am really happy and proud of it!

Rene Zansman - Yatzy Pursuit
My comments:  Rene went the same route as me, giving his song the jug band feel through a harmonica track.  The song itself has Rene's trademark catchy pop punk vibe with an awesome chorus in it, which I really enjoy!  And to boot, he kept with the gambling theme by singing about my new favorite fictional game, Yatzy Pursuit.  Great job, Rene!

Vote for your Favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment