Thursday, March 3, 2016

February's David Bowie Cover Songs!

To try our best to honor one of my favorite artists, I decided to cover David Bowie songs for the February Song Writing Game.  Unfortunately, we ended up with only two entries.  Fortunately though, they are both great in my opinion!  Check them out and vote for your favorite below!

Rene Zansman - Rebel, Rebel
My comments:  Rene told me that he felt like this was one of his best songs submitted to the song writing game.  As he's been a part of it for over four years, that's quite a statement but I think I agree.  This song is just perfect for Rene, a great fit.  He even wrote a verse of his own and makes a reference to "I Got You, Babe."  Very nicely done!

Lauren Hughes and Brian Salapek - Sound and Vision
My comments:  Lauren and I met in college and haven't seen each other really since.  She is a huge Bowie fan and sang in bands in college, so I knew I had to ask her to sing for my song.  The biggest problem we faced was picking out a song to cover.  All in all, I am very happy with the end result.  This is one of my favorite Bowie songs, and Lauren nailed it!

Vote for your Favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment