Monday, May 2, 2016

March/April's Game Show Theme Songs!

To add a strange twist to the song writing game, we wrote Game Show Theme Songs for March and April.  To be honest, I had a hard time wrapping my head around this theme.  I couldn't bring myself to listen to existing theme songs to get a feel for them.  It ended up just being a mental block that I put on myself, because when I forced myself to sit down and work on it, it flowed out pretty quickly.

We have three submissions this month, from our three most consistent players of the game.  Check them out and vote for your favorite below!

Rene Zansman - Alive or Dead
My comments:  From Rene, "I got this idea watching a Norwegian game show where they guess what illness a patient suffer from and I decided to take it further and in this game show they guess if the person is alive or dead."  That sounds like a wild game show and I can't believe that it is real!  Either way, Rene worked out a nice poppy, catchy theme for his game show.  I also love that Pabst Blue Ribbon and Pushing Daisy's Funeral Home are sponsors of the show.  Great job Rene!

Danny Imig - Insipidnostic
My comments:  From Danny, "My contest entry song is a theme for a futuristic game show which melds interstellar space travel with TV evangelism and the Dating Game. It's called: "Insipidnostic".  Fun for everyone..."  Danny definitely captured his futuristic theme with this funky, jazzy theme song.  I love the combination of ideas behind his game show as well.

Brian Salapek - Game Show
My comments:  Game show game show game show.  Game show game show game show game show game show.  Game show game show game show game show game show.  Game show?  Game show game show.

Vote for your favorite!

Polls close on May 15th at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment