Sunday, January 1, 2012

December 2011 Results

The Narwhal Birthday Songs Are In!

Unfortunately, with the holidays, not everyone had time to write a song.  We do have three entries below, though.  As you'll remember, the subject was a Narwhal's Birthday and the genre was Bluegrass/Jugband.  I hope you enjoy them!



Brian Salapek - Carl the Narwhal's Birthday REVENGE!

Jack Eggleston - The Narwhallian Birfday Chant

Eric Peabody Brown - Denny the Narwhal

Thanks to Jack and Eric for participating.  The January subject and genre have been determined and will be posted soon.  Hopefully we will have a good number of songs next time.

1 comment:

  1. critique:

    At listening value, Eric's song sounds the best, but you loose points for not mentioning his birthday. The style seems a little more pop than jug-band, however, the kazoo solo at the end is really great.
    Jack- This gave me a big smile, I see potential here, I wish you were able to spend more time. The style is right on. Happy Birthday, whale with a horn.
    Brian, oh Brian, I am kind of suprised to hear you sing because you are so self conscious of it, you never sing in front of me at home, I love the giddy up sound and for what its worth, I am proud of you. I don't think it is a masterpiece or anything, there are awkward parts, but overall I think that it is a fun and challenging way to get out of your comfort zone musically. I really look forward to next months works.
    All who wanted to participate, but didn't get to it, I am sure He could post a late Narwal song if you had anything put together. Come on Jonny Baker!!

    ReplyDelete