Monday, June 25, 2012

July 2012 Song Announcement!

Summer can be a very busy time for everyone, and July seems to be the worst month for getting anything done.  I'd hate to skip a month with the Song Writing Game though, so I am going to make it a little easier for everyone this time around.  This month, we will be doing cover songs!  The only stipulation is that you must make a significant change to the song.  What exactly does that entail?  You could do a change of genre, or you could take two songs that are similar and do a mash up.  It's all up to you!  I hope this gets a few more people participating.  Good luck everyone!


Also, I may be posting the original song along side each cover so that they can be judged with the changes you have made in mind.

I usually draw a picture for each song announcement, but without the subject and genre being set, I will just settle with uploading this picture I drew of my friend Nate who once said:
"Oh my gosh, I have vivid memories of grape big league chew as a kid. If you put too much of it in your mouth at one time, the flavor was so intense it made you whole face scrunch up."



No comments:

Post a Comment