Monday, July 2, 2012

June Songs fo' yo' mamma jamma!

Like I had said in the announcement for July's song, summer time makes it hard to get anything done.  This month, there were only two songs.  I hope that we can pick things up soon and get back on track with a few more each month.  As a reminder, the songs were in the genre of Children's Music and on the subject of Horror.  Have a listen and vote for your favorite below!

Brian Salapek - Captain Howdy's Our Friend
My comments: My song was based on the movie The Exorcist.  Early in the film, Regan talks to the demon through a Ouija board and refers to it as Captain Howdy.  That name is just so damn cute that I knew I had something that fit with the horror as well as the children's theme.  The song isn't screaming "children's song" but as a simple, catchy pop song, it's about as close as I could do.


René Zansman - Monsterbear
My comments: This time, Rene really nailed the genre with his song.  The cutesy piano and the vocal melody following it is absolutely perfect for a children's song.  The horror of his song is a teddy bear that is a whole slew of monsters.  Rene had said that this song may be his weirdest yet.  I have to agree, but I like weird.  The horrible conclusion of the song reveals the teddy bear's true motive: to cut off his toes.



Vote for your favorite song!

1 comment: