Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December 2012's Songs!

With the holidays it can be difficult to take the time to write a song, especially when I say it has to be a 17th century ballad about Edgar Allan Poe's most obscure poem.  Sometimes the research takes more time than writing the damn song.  So, with that in mind, I decided that YOU COULD DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.  That should make it easier for everyone, right?  Right.

Jon Baker - Dark Jam

My comments: Jon sent this song in late but I hope you take the time to listen to it.  Here Jon is totally rocking out with his nearly 7 minute trippy jam.  I've always been really impressed with his guitar work and this song is no exception.  Great job, Jon!

Keith Novotak - Beetlejuice 
My comments: This song is part of Keith's "Movie Metal" series, where he plays theme songs from movies in the style of metal.  I love Danny Elfman and this version of his Beetlejuice (betelgeuse) theme song is pretty kick ass.  Great job Keith!


Eric Peabody - Denial
My comments: Eric is a musician that I have listened to for almost half of my life (holy shit...) and I've always really enjoyed his style and writing.  This song is classic Eric in every way.  It's short, sweet and incredible catchy.  I like it.

Brian Salapek - I Wanna Talk to Nate
My comments: This song has been a work in progress for a few years.  I sang (rapped?) the initial part of it ("If you're stumbling with Nate...") for Nate at his wedding.  He fell down laughing, although I think the alcohol had something to do with it, too.  With our college love of Half Baked, I decided to meld my lyrics with those of Sir Smoke A Lot.

Rene Zansman - Metro Gnomes
My comments: What a nice Christmas-y intro this song has.  Oh, wait, what's happened?  I think Rene does his best punk vocals in this song.  It's about Gnomes singing Christmas Songs but it's hard to tell that from the vocals.  I don't have a problem with not understanding lyrics though.  This song is strange but has some charm.  Rene is at his best in his "Woah-oh"'s as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment