Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2012 SONG OF THE YEAR VOTING!

There was a winning song every month but I decided to narrow it down and offer my top five favorite songs of the year to be candidates for the 2012 SONG OF THE YEAR!

To add to the honor (yes, there is honor), there will be A REAL, PHYSICAL PRIZE to be won!  I will mail it to you and everything!  Holy Moly!  The MSPaint prizes were nice, I'm sure, but THIS ONE IS REAL!  Wowza!

Anyways, here are the songs.  Have a listen and vote below!


Jon Baker - Intergaractic Boogie (January's Winner)
My comments: Ah, the memories.  This was the first song to win during the Song Writing Game.  Jon borrowed from Lady GaGa and made a really awesome space dance song.  He also hit a giant plastic barrel with a stick to make the bass drum beat!  Jon is a really great musician and this song shows it!



Matt McCray - Walter Sobchak (March's Winner)
My comments: Punk Rock definitely comes natural for Matt and he really shines in this song.  The song totally rocks and it's about Walter from The Big Lebowski, who is probably more punk rock than anyone ever.  At first I was taken back by the vocal style but with a few listens, I like it.  I like it.  A lot.



Kayce Kelly and Jon Baker - Call Me Buddy (April's Winner)
My comments: Kayce and Jon teamed up and made a really rocking, raunchy blues song.  With Jon's kick ass guitar and Kayce's hilarious lyrics, this song could not go wrong.  My favorite part is "You think you've got the blues, baby?  JUST THINK ABOUT ME!"  What a great moment in a great song!


Jack Eggleston - Sherrif John (May's Winner)
My comments: Jack really outdid himself, and the competition with this song.  May was a really tough month, too. I honestly liked every single song and had a hard time choosing.  When it came down to it, Jack won narrowly, and really deserved it!  (Note: the blog voting was screwed up and upon revisiting the post, it no longer shows Jack won but he did)

Josh Nieto - Losin' Da Faith (October's Winner)
My comments: When I met Josh in college, I was really impressed by his musical talent.  This song is no different.  Everything about it is done really well.  It is probably the most professional song submitted all year and won against some pretty great reggae songs!

Vote For Your Favorite Song!


I am really honored to have had so many great songs submitted to the Song Writing Game over the last year.  Hopefully we can keep up the momentum and have another great year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment