Saturday, February 2, 2013

January 2013 Songs!

Disclaimer / Warning:
I generally like to keep the Song Writing Game as clean and family friendly as possible.  Some of these songs contain crude sexual jokes, which are pertinent to the subject, "Your Mom" jokes.  If you find these jokes in bad taste, you probably will not like many of these songs.



With that out of the way, here are the songs for January!  As you'll remember, the subject was "Your Mom" jokes and the genre was Electro-Pop.








Esban and Rene Zansman - Things Are Getting Hard
My comments: Esban and Rene worked together this month and made a nice collaboration.  I think they really nailed the genre in an interesting way.  It's not dance-y at all, which is different than most of the other songs this month.  I especially Esban's parts during the chorus.  I think these two working together, even when far apart, worked out well!

Jack Eggleston - Tomorrow / Christina, de mi Alma
My comments: After a long hiatus, Jack is back in the song writing game and with a truly great medley of two original songs!  It clocks in at a little over seven minutes but the entire thing is worth your listen.  It has a great 80's feel, capturing the genre perfectly.  The words "your mom" are in the chorus of the first song, but he didn't take it to the level of crass jokes that it could have been.

Jared Griffin - Mom Bush
My comments: Oh my god.  What can I say about Jared's song?  This is probably the funniest song I have ever heard.  It's like a weird radio-pop/hip hop hybrid and the most crude song we have here.  Amazing job, Jared.  Every time I hear it, I laugh out loud.  Seriously.

Kayce and Kraig Kelly - I Popped Your Mom's Top 40

My comments: We have another medley here.  Kayce and his brother Kraig took on a whole slew of popular songs from the last decade, all of which contain the exact same chord progression, and turned them into a string of "your mom" jokes.  It is definitely one of the funnier songs I have had submitted.  I especially like the end with Kayce yelling "Your mom's not pretty enough" randomly and super out of key.  It's great.

Brian Salapek - Dear Kayce
My comments: Kayce is the who reason for this month's subject.  He has been slinging these jokes for the last ten years, easily, so I decided to write my song about HIS mom.  This song is written as a letter to Kayce about me loving his mom and all of her...features.



Vote For Your Favorite Song!


And don't forget about February's Song!

3 comments:

  1. How the fuck did Jared get 141 votes? Are there even that many people who look at this blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will add that I voted for him, but seriously, WTF?

      Delete
    2. Grey Delisle promo'd him on her Tumblr. She's got thousands of followers.
      http://greydelisle.tumblr.com/post/42449301416/vote-for-mom-bush
      That should answer all your questions.

      Delete