Monday, February 24, 2014

March's Song Announcement!

Sometimes I get hung up trying to think of something new to do for the song writing game.  It feels like I've used up all the genres I can think of (hardly, actually) and then ask someone for input.  This input comes from Matt McCray who you may remember won the 2012 Song of the Year with his song Walter Sobchak.  When he mentioned it, I instantly loved the idea.  My problem is only thinking about genres that I enjoy, that's not fair.  We need to sometimes write music that EVERYONE hates!  So here it is, ladies and gentlemen...

Genre: Nu-Metal
Optional Subject: A Lulliby


You know the stuff, nu-metal.  That weird genre brought out in the late 1990's by bands like KoRn and Limp Bizkit.  Clunky down tuned guitars play crunchy chords over growling vocals or EVEN BETTER, over rapping vocals!  BONUS POINTS TO ANYONE WHO INFUSES RAP, which very well may be the direction I take.  Believe it or not, I actually really enjoy writing raps.  Braided hair and lip piercings are entirely optional for this month.

So there it is, everyone.  Have fun and dont forget about your songs for February.  

No comments:

Post a Comment