Wednesday, January 29, 2014

February's Song Announcement!

For February we will be unleashing the expired rock Gods.  I'm talking about the rock Gods of my youth that very rarely aged well with me.  I'm talking about MID-90'S ALTERNATIVE ROCK!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I was one of those guys.  I wore my ZERO shirt once a week and liked the shirt even more when the screen printing was terrible cracked and faded.  Yep, that was me.  So in honor of my youth and the first musical personality I took on, we will go with these song stipulations:


GENRE: 1990's Alternative Rock
OPTIONAL SUBJECT: Dancing Babies

The subject, always optional, is another throwback to the 90's.  So these should be interesting.  90's Alternative is pretty vague (as the genres seem to be more often than not) so there is a lot of different directions you can take.

Here are a few interesting links:
An article about the 90's brand of alternative rock and it's growth in popularity.
A timeline of alternative rock in the 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment