Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December's "Whatever" Songs!

December is a pretty busy month with all the holidays, so I opted to have no stipulations on the songs.  DO WHATEVER YOU WANTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!  So there is very little to compare the songs on other than to your own personal taste.  I was hoping for some nice variety and that's what I've received!  Have a listen to the songs and vote for your favorite below!

Jon Baker - Tsunami
My comments:  It's been awhile since Jon turned in a song and it was a great surprise.  This song was written for last November's sea shanties but was never recorded until now.  It's a cool instrumental piece with a Ween sort of vibe to it.  There is an awesome country feel to it and the plucky bass just makes me smile!

Brian Salapek - Supa Fupa
My comments: December was especially busy for me and I really didn't have time to put anything new together.  I ended up making this alternate version of a song I did in January, which I thought my vocals ruined.  It was from the electro-pop "Your Mom" songs and was called "Dear Kayce."  Now it has been renamed "Supa Fupa" after the best lyric in the song.  So I added a "thumping" club beat as well as the stupidest rap you've probably heard since my last rap song.  Enjoy!

Rene Zansman - Newark's alright if you like Homophones
My comments:  That is not a mis-spelling, it is Homo-PHONES, not PHOBES.  This is Rene's anti-beard song.  To be honest, I have been really happy with how well Rene's songs have been turning out lately.  I think this one is a really good one.  As always the chorus really shines and is nice and catchy.  Throw in some funny lyrics about shaving and it's a good song.

Vote for your favorite!

3 comments:

  1. Hi June, I hope you enjoy the songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine post about music and really helpful info for
    musicians .Please write write more about singer wanted .I wanna read more similar post from yours .Please keep writing for music.

    ReplyDelete