Tuesday, December 31, 2013

January's Song Announcement!

I'd like to thank everyone who has participated in the song writing game.  It is now two years old and I hope to keep it going as long as possible.  I've found it to be a great creative output for me, and I hope everyone else feels the same way.  Even if I am not making any legitimately "good" songs, I am still happy to be creating, and to have other people join me, and to have even a small handful of people willing to listen to these creations.  So, thank you everyone!

I have decided that I will be making a change to the format of the song writing game, starting with this month.  From now on, all the song subjects will be optional.  That way, it is more open and hopefully will attract and encourage others to join in.  I, personally, like having the subject and will most likely continue to work with it, but it is strictly up the to the individual.  The genre should be enough of a common theme to have an even playing field to compare when voting on your favorite.

So, enough of my long winded rants.  It is time to announce the genre and subject for the first songs of 2014:

Genre: New Wave
Optional Subject: Bugs (yes, bugs.  Like, insects.  Or spy equipment if you want)

New Wave is a very broad genre, but there are a lot of fun directions you can go with it.  For some information about the genre, check out this Wikipedia article.  You can go more for the early punk based version, or the later electronic pop version.  I think I will opt for the latter with a side of dance.

Here's a dancing bug to get you in the mood.  Thanks Adventure Time for making my Google Image search come up with something worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment