Thursday, April 3, 2014

March's Nu Metal Lullaby Songs!

So, it's a few days later than normal, but here are the songs from March.  The genre was Nu-Metal and the subject was a lullaby.  I know it's a pretty ridiculous combination but the songs usually are.  Anyways, there only ended up being two songs this month.  BUT there is a silver lining here, we hit our 100th song in the song writing game!  The honor goes to Rene who turned his song in before me, so that's pretty awesome!  Anyways, here are the songs.  Have a listen and vote for your favorite below!

Brian Salapek - Hush Little Baby
My comments:  I tuned my guitar down to BEADGB to get a slinky sound with the loose strings.  The structure of the song was all planned out and the music recorded and I didn't have any lyrics written.  In the end I decided to rap for all the vocals, to make it more nu metal.  In the end it just wasn't enough so I growled a little in the break down.  Oh yeah, you have to have a break down.

Rene Zansman - Sleep Sleep (NU Rap-a-bye)
My comments:  I think this is the first song Rene used a real beat in and it added to the song a lot.  Right from the start there is a great hip-hop feel to it mixing with some rocking guitars.  I also really appreciate the multiple vocal tracks bouncing off each other in each speaker.  There are still enough woah-oh's to make this a Rene song.  All in all, I really enjoy this weird and hilarious song.

Vote for your favorite song!

No comments:

Post a Comment