Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June's R&B Songs!

Sometimes I feel like I am going full force Weird Al mode with having songs that are written about food.  Last year we did Pizza Party Songs, Turkey Songs, and I did songs about snacks and McDonald's.  To add to this long lasting theme, we had R&B Songs about Fruits and Vegetables!

Have a listen to the songs and vote for your favorite below!

Danny Imig - Sad Words {insert here}
My comments:  Danny's song starts off and right away there is a weird almost "dangerous" sound to it.  The combination of the bass line and the keyboard come together and really drive the mood of the song, which is great.  I feel like it is a little redundant and would be just as effective if half the length but still enjoy it as a whole.

Jen Robinson and Brian Salapek -
My Love is Growing in your Garden
My comments: I wrote all of the music for this song pretty quickly but was struggling with lyrics.  Jen had agreed to sing for me so one day I just buckled down and wrote them pretty quickly.  It's a pretty silly song and I appreciate Jen humoring me and singing it.  With her help it came out 100 times better than if I tried to sing it myself.

Rene Zansman - My Life as a Carrot
My comments:  Rene's beat is back on this one!  He described it as a 60's pop song accompanied with 80's synth pop and I think he nailed it.  This song would have fit perfect in with the New Wave songs we did earlier in the year, but there is a lot of overlay with synth pop and RnB, I think.  I especially love around the 3:15 when it drops down to just vocals and the music slowly picks back up.  Very cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment