Thursday, June 30, 2016

Announcements / Update on the Song Writing Game

When I started the Song Writing Game in December, 2011 I had no real idea of what to expect.  There was no thought of how long it would last, or how the turn out and response would be.  In fact, it's never been a hindrance to me to have periods of very little music submitted.  The game was more for me; it was an excuse to write and record music for myself.

Well, come December, the game will be hitting five years old.  I feel like that is a logical conclusion to the whole thing.  I still have an interest in writing and recording, but time is the problem.  As my kids are getting older and taking up more time, we have a puppy now, and I have been pursuing a few other hobbies, making music in a timely fashion slowly gets pushed further and further back.  In fact, today is the last day of June and I have only written a bass line for my current song.

So, between now and December, each song will be on a two-month time limit.  With that, the June songs are not due until the end of July.  There will be three more, August/September, October/November and a "Whatever" song for December as usual.  After that we will have one final "Song of the Year" elected and the five winning songs of the year will be put head to head against one another.  The winner will be declared "Song of the Game" and that lucky person will be able to keep the trophy forever.

I may still use this blog in the future to post random songs I have written and recorded, but there should be no expectation and they could be once every six months or so.  I think that about covers it.  Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment