Thursday, January 19, 2017

2016 SONG OF THE YEAR VOTING!

Okay, so the game itself is over but we need to vote just a couple more times.  First, we need to vote on the 2016 SONG OF THE YEAR!  I have selected my three favorite songs of 2016.  Each one didn't necessarily win in it's selected month, but these are my favorites.  Have a listen and vote for your favorite!

Rene Zansman - Predestined to Dull
My comments: Rene's song comes from the January bunch of songs where we were limited by which chords we could use.  This is probably my favorite song that Rene has done.  The tone of it is both happy and sad throughout and it is catchy as hell, as Rene's songs usually are.

Brian Salapek - Game Show
My comments: There is something about how stupid this song is that I just can't get it out of my head!  In March/April we did Game Show Theme Songs and this was my submission.  I don't really know what it is, but I just love this song.

Danny Imig - Christmas Inland Hurricane
My comments: Danny was pretty quiet throughout the year but hit it out of the park with this song for December's Whatever Songs.  It's super funky, weird and cool all at once.  I think I compared it to Ween doing a Devo-inspired song.


VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE!  (Voting finishes up on 1/26 at midnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment