Sunday, January 25, 2015

2014'S SONG OF THE YEAR!

Thank you to everyone who voted and a special thank you goes out to everyone who participated in the song writing game in 2014.  I feel really honored that it's been able to sustain itself for so long and I look forward to the future of the game!

So, here we have it, ladies and gentlemen.  To you, I present the 2014 SONG OF THE YEAR!

Kayce Kelly, Trever Wilkins and Brian Salapek
Farmer Brown

I've told the story before about this song but will tell it again.  I wanted to collaborate with Kayce on a song, and country was the perfect fit.  The original plan was to record this song one night while he was over for dinner, in December 2013, but it never happened.  I wrote the music and Kayce had the lyrics done, so it was only a matter of time before it fit with a genre for the game.  One night when the song was 90% done, I had Trever and his family over for dinner and asked him to record the guitar solo.  And then it was done.  I am really proud of the song, and my favorite part has to be Kayce's vocals that are half singing/half talking in a Johnny Cash kinda way "Cocaine, the good Colombian kind" lol

So what's the prize?!  Well, first and foremost we have the annual prize of BEER!  But this year is special because Danny Imig made a trophy for the game!  Yes!  A trophy!  Each year, the trophy will be passed on to the new winner.  Here are some photos of his amazing work.






No comments:

Post a Comment