Friday, January 2, 2015

December's "Whatever" Songs!

With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season it can be hard to set aside time to do something as unimportant as participate in my song writing game.  I am truly grateful that people continue to write songs and keep the game going!  Because of the holidays, I've set the songs to "Whatever".  The idea is to alleviate any extra work or stress that goes into the songs.  So we have a nice collection of diverse songs for you to check out.  Be sure to vote for your favorite below!

Laura Cardinal and Andrew Nicholson - Ho Hey
My comments: Laura and Andy did this great cover of a Lumineers song and had posted it on their Facebook account.  I bugged them enough to have it included in the Song Writing Game.  I am not real familiar to the original song but I really enjoy it.  I always enjoy simplicity in music and love this stripped down version.

Jesse Denby, Joel Forsgren and Brian Salapek - Cornbread Red
My comments: This is a cover of a WEEN B-Side with Jesse on vocals, Joel on lead guitar and bass and I did the rest.  I always have fun collaborating with people and this one was interesting since Joel and I have never met Jesse, we just started talking on the internet.  I am glad we did, I love the vocals, and I am super happy to include Joel since he totally rocks at guitar!

Danny Imig - Garbage Santa
My comments:  Danny gives us some great social commentary on gift giving for the sake of it in this song.  The drums give it a cool surf-kinda feel to it that I like a lot.  Some funky guitar work in the background would have been a good touch but the simplicity of it works well.

Rene Zansman - Moptop Christmas
My comments: Rene continues his MopTop series (here and here are two other songs he's submitted) with a Christmas song (episode?) and it is my favorite by far!  It is his usual pop punk song but is in a sort of somber musical key.  The piano and xylophone give it a great Christmas feel, too.  Really great job, Rene.  I love this song!

Vote for your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment