Tuesday, January 26, 2016

February 2015 Song Announcement

January saw the passing of one of my favorite musicians, David Bowie.  It was a pretty upsetting thing for me, especially since it came so shortly after the release of his newest album, Blackstar, which I had been listening to religiously.  I won't try to express my mindset, or give a memorial here, since words aren't my strong suit.

So jump ahead a week, Jack Eggleston messaged me and said "I'm totally going to try to do a cover of Heroes for January...It also fits with in the note limitations."  The next day I sat down with the chords specified for January and all I could play was Ziggy Stardust.  I didn't mean to, I was just messing with the chords and it flowed out of me.

So, with Bowie's passing, and the strange coincidence of the two songs, we will be doing David Bowie covers for February.  It's only fitting to try and pay tribute to the man.


No comments:

Post a Comment